In this episode, we had the pleasure of speaking with Peter Vesterbacka from FinestNinja, who is perhaps best known for his work at Angry Birds. Peter talks to us about his views and advice after many years of helping companies get known and stay known.
This interview starts with Peter telling an embarrassing story about Steve from back in his days working for HP when they were on an HP trip to India together, along with a bunch of other startups looking to expand into the growing Indian mobile market. From there, Peter goes into what does make companies interesting to talk about and provides some solid advice.
Here are a few key takeaways from the interview:
- It’s important to take a few steps back when talking about your product and ask: “Why is this interesting for anyone besides me?”
- Your brand needs to create a reaction.
- You need to know what “your thing” is.
- You need to think about and have something that is worth telling forward.
- Be interesting, create a reaction and be yourself.
Listen to the Get Known podcast with Peter Vesterbacka for the full interview.