Get Known Podcast S2 E3: Kati Pohjanpalo – Bloomberg
Reading time: 2 minutes
What is Get Known?
Here at the Get Known podcast, we interview journalists about their work and what they cover so that companies know better how to engage with the press and get their company covered in the media.
Our big goal is to make sure that companies out there who are reaching out to the press, build the right relationships, pitch the right ideas and understand better what wastes journalists and their time.
In this episode, we had the pleasure of talking with Kati Pohjanpalo, the Helsinki bureau chief at Bloomberg News. Kati shares her advice to gain newsworthiness in the financial press.
If you are looking for financial media PR advice with no bulls#*t, this is the one for you. Kati tells it straight and you will probably want to take some notes.
Takeaways and top-notch advice from Kati:
- Just being a Finnish company is not enough to make a story. There needs to be more.
- Bloomberg readers are looking for investment opportunities. Your story needs to show a business opportunity.
- Fintech has been a big focus for Kati this year.
- Research on the journalist you are pitching to is key.
- Try looking at your press release without adjectives.
- Don’t expect positive coverage.
Listen to the Get Known podcast with Kati Pohjanpalo for the full interview.