A spring in our step
Reading time: 5 minutes
All the exciting highlights from San Francisco in spring 2018
Summer has arrived and the sun has finally started to shine – so we thought that now’s a perfect time to take a look back at some of our sunny moments from the spring!
Don’t forget that San Francisco is open for business throughout the summer – so don’t hesitate to get in touch!
The San Francisco team will also be attending both Arctic15 and Upgraded Life Festival between 30 May – 1 June 2018 in Helsinki. See you there!
We launched our Smart PR for Finnish Organizations course! On April 16th, our new course went live to show companies the ins and outs of planning, launching, and following-up a successful PR campaign for your company.
The course is a comprehensive view (with plenty of insider tips) of how things work and best practices in the PR industry, including supporting videos, instructional guides, templates, and interviews from leading journalists and successful marketing and PR managers such as:
- Tarmo Virki – Editor in Chief, CoFounder Magazine
- Heini Tuorila – Marketing Manager, TactoTek
- Sanna Dooley – Head of Marketing, Kyrö Distillery
- Elina Lappalainen – Journalist, Talouselämä
- David Blinov – Managing Partner, Digital Strategy Consultant, The F Company
Missed it? Don’t feel bad – we promise we’ll have something new and exciting soon! You can already join the waiting list.
Our clients in the media
Spring was a hectic time for San Francisco and our clients, so here’s a summary of their highlights and successes:
- Finnish video recognition and intelligence company Valossa were featured in a 4-page spread and online article in Forbes Finland.
- Oura turned heads with the announcement of their new Gen 2 Oura ring.
Oulu-based TactoTek secured a whopping $23m for its automotive interior solutions.
- HUONE announced a first of its kind partnership with global commercial real estate giants Aberdeen.
- YetiTablet received extensive media coverage for their mission to help vulnerable children and seniors build social skills and independence from their carers.
- Matsmart continued its work driving down food waste, while Noccela partnered with Nordic sports chain XXL to implement technology to cut lost profits through commercial theft in their stores.
- Valohai, Hostaway, and Thirdpresence all crushed their funding announcements this spring, gaining both domestic and international coverage in a multitude of media.
Our very own Steve Lee and Oona Colliander traveled to Madagascar in May with Sahanala to help tell the world about the vanilla industry and its impact on the lives of small farmers.
Madagascar is the vanilla capital of the world, and Sahanala works closely with farmers to ensure that the vanilla farmers receive a fair price for their high-quality product, as well as improving the infrastructure in Malagasy villages and establishing a traceability program so consumers know and can trust where their vanilla comes from.
We here at San Francisco are excited to help the world know more about the Sahanala brand and the traceability of one the most taken for granted products in the world.
Upgraded Life and Arctic15
We will continue our role as an official media partner for Arctic15 in Helsinki at the end of the month. Remember to sign up for one of our interactive workshops, hosted by SF Strategic Director Steve Lee. This year’s themes include creating awareness about your brand in the media, how PR should be an essential part of company marketing strategy, and how to make your company worth talking about.
We’re also excited to announce that San Francisco is attending Upgraded Life next week, with our resident biohacking and health tech nerds John Cozzi and Olli-Joonas Juuso in attendance.
Drop by our booths, meet the team, and discover how our in-house marketing and PR experts can help your company tell your story to new audiences.
Need help getting your marketing and PR efforts off the ground?
Established SMEs can now get help building their marketing strategy as an ELY Center supported service. San Francisco is one of the selected companies that can deliver services through the program. A typical strategic planning project is four days, and ELY pays 75% of the cost.
The application process is straightforward, takes only 10 minutes, and San Francisco handles rest of the paperwork.
We’d like to send thanks to our clients for an exhilarating spring! We can’t wait to see what the summer holds!
Want a piece of the action? Get in touch to see how San Francisco can help your company reach new audiences and get your company’s story told.